The Global BirdFair 2023 is back again for another year, and this time around, it will be held from 14-16 July 2020 at Rutland Showground in the United Kingdom. This is also the biggest bird fair in the world.
Global BirdFair 2023
This year, over 272 exhibitors will participate at the bird fair, including bird tourism companies, cameras, optics, and even tourism boards worldwide. Several bird-themed stages will cater to talks and debates from local and worldwide presenters.
- Osprey Events Stage
Osprey Events Stage will be hosting a variety of presentations, discussions and debates during the course of Global Birdfair.
- Avocet Lecture Stage
This stage is sponsored by RSPB and offers various talks from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
- Curlew Lecture Stage
This stage is sponsored by Leica, Rockjumper Birding Tours and Procolombia and offers various talks from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
- Plover Lecture Stage
Various talks are ongoing from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM at the Plover Lecture Stage, which is sponsored by NatureTrek and Zeiss.
- Turnstone Authors Stage
Come along and meet the authors, many of whom will be involved in lectures or events on one of our Stages, including the new TURNSTONE Author stage. Many of them will be in Nightingale Marquee with Wild Sounds and Books at N48, 49 & 50, where you can buy the books and have your copies signed by the authors.
- Owl Workshop
Thanks to sponsors OM System, we are delighted to offer a series of workshops during Global Birdfair. Sessions last 45 minutes.
- Young Visitor Activities (New for 2023)
○ All children attending Global Birdfair will receive a new book titled BE A GLOBAL BIRDFAIR EXPERT.
○ Collect your FREE copy on arrival at the event
○ All children MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times
○ Under 18’s have free access to Global Birdfair with an adult ticket holder
The last Global BirdFair 2022 saw a number of attendees that exceeded 11,600, and it hosted 245 exhibitors across various sectors, including conservation organisations, art, media, photography, books, optical equipment, nature tourism, local produce, clothing, bird food and other nature related products.
Sponsors from 2022 include RSPB, Birdguides, Viking Optical, Anglian Water, Swarovski Optik, Zeiss, Sony UK, Vive Andalucia, Park Cameras, Leica, BBC Wildlife Magazine and Rockjumper.
Global Birdfair Opening times
- Public access times: Friday 14, Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 July 2023
- Time: 9.00 am to 5.30 pm daily. The last admission is at 4.00 pm
Global Birdfair Tickets
- Available to book online from 6 February 2023
- Please try to buy your tickets in advance
- There is a cashless payment system for ticket sales at the gate
- Programmes can be bought in advance with your tickets & collected on your arrival at Global Birdfair by providing your Programme voucher
Global BirdFair 2023
Oakham, Rutland LE15 7TW
Date: 14-16 July 2023
Sabah Tourism Board at Global BirdFair
Every year without fail, the Sabah Tourism Board or STB will participate at the fair, and this year is no exception as they will be bringing two renowned speakers to give a talk on birding in Sabah Borneo at the fair.
For those interested in attending Global BirdFair 2023, you best make your arrangements now, as it is only two weeks left before the main show takes place here in Rutland. Again, this is one of the world’s best bird fairs to attend if you are in the birding business or an avid birder.